Saturday, September 28, 2013

Those Pants Are, Well, Too Low

I had a fabulous time at the 18 Degrees Festival, today. The State Central Library was jam packed with tons of stuff to see, hear and appreciate and tons of stuff to do.

It was brilliant to see the turn out. I spent quite a bit of time roaming around and generally observing before settling into the fag end of the poetry workshop (more on that fantastic experience in a later post, hopefully. No promises on this blog).

One thing that has irked me for YEARS now is low slung, below the waist jeans. I don't know why (actually, i do) but i find them just annoying. I don't want to discover what colour your underwear/boxers are (irrespective of your gender). I don't want to see, in a glance, that you've been reusing the same unwashed pair for a week or that you forgot to wear some. If i see some more crack, i'll need to find a crack to crawl into and hide. So, umm, you get the drift, right? Its an issue closed to my heart.

Unfortunately, for me, State Central was fairly packed with some vigorous propaganda artists of the low slung jeans kind. Yes, i am militant in my views on this particular issue. Before you accuse me (correctly, i might add) of being no fashion guru myself (who still wears chappals in public?), i binned democracy a while back. So, currently, till the next post, this blog is dictatorial. Those jeans irked me.

Most people just take to wearing pant legs only. I mean, i freaking get too much spilling out, too often (that, i tell you!).

You may not believe it, but just scratch the last two paragraphs. Shove them in a dark crack. They were just contrived build-up for this:


Pants were fastened round/
Your waist/
Your butt’s mount/
Made it impossible to come down/
Without your will/
Pants now ride below/
Your mount/
Hanging loosely by your cock/
Hedging its bets that/
Your will can generate/
A permanent erection/
For your pants/

I hope you have had an eyeful of images. Happy dreams!

2 comments:

  1. I am humbled by the lucidity of your thought process. And all in caps too. Decidedly, a marvel. :) Leave your name next time, easier to trace you then.

    ReplyDelete